Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-came and went-no contract
(08-31-2022, 01:51 PM)pally Wrote: I wonder what impact claiming TE Devin Asiasi off of waivers will have on the Howard potential signing

I know I have heard of Devin Asiasi but my mind has gone a blank on the player.

Where did he play again?

(08-31-2022, 01:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He is a perfect guy to give a 2nd chance to prove himself if healthy and at right price.

Has a higher ceiling than shown and at the end of his rope, should give maximum effort as well. Plus whoever he replaces will probably remain on practice squad and still be available.

Completely agree.

He should be replacing Thad Moss who he is better than, but Thad should stick on the PS and he was our best TE in the 
Preseason, good for him cause I had us cutting him and him not sticking around the NFL anymore. Thad surprised me in 
a good way.

(08-31-2022, 01:54 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I also wonder, if we have four TEs rostered, if ZT is planning on using more 2TE sets this year than we’re used to seeing. For a position that “doesn’t see much useage in ZTs passing game” they sure are sort of loading up by adding Howard AND Asiasi.

What is nice about both Hurst and Howard is they can both line up at WR too with their speed and quicks.

Could be a nice change up at times especially if one of our top 3 WR's go down. Us losing Pryor concerns me but the 
addition of Howard who was just as fast as Higgins at the Combine helps with this concern.

I have no faith in Morgan or Thomas coming in to fill in for any of our top 3.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OJ Howard coming to Cincinnati-really truly - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-31-2022, 02:07 PM