Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions
(08-31-2022, 06:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I don't know what the coaching staff was thinking trying to sneak Pryor on to the practice squad.  It should surprise no one he was claimed.  He didn't even make it past the first team who could claim him as the Jags were #1.  It would be interesting to hear how many other teams put a claim on him.

Even if Pryor had cleared waivers and went to the Bengals practice squad, it would have been just a matter of time before he was poached due to injuries around the NFL.

The Jags took Kendrick Pryor over Tyler Johnson. Kind of crazy but I almost understand why watching Pryor this Preseason.

That was how good he looked to me.

(08-31-2022, 07:06 PM)phil413 Wrote: I mean I agree, especially in light of eventually going with only 3 RBs and even cutting Thomas and Allen with intentions of bringing them back before the game.  

We aren't hyping him as super human by just saying it looked like a weird move.  I get that they see him every day, just seemed like a player you keep when you're not sticking absolute numbers at a position. 

Pryor just looked special this Preseason, really hard worker with crisp routes and great hands with quicks and speed.

Also looked smart, something you cannot teach.

(08-31-2022, 08:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Jags had the #1 waiver claim and could take any player waived they wanted.  Am certain Zac's brother called and asked Zac personally about Pryor before placing the claim.

Which makes the move that much more odd since he obviously gave Pryor a good enough endorsement for the Jags to claim him over every player available on waivers.  

Not that big of a deal just don't get all the love for Thomas, and Brandon Allen too for that matter.

Oh well, trusting Zac is right here

Hope Kwame Lassiter shows well now, but yeah, the Jags could of had Tyler Johnson for heck sake who is a very good 
proven NFL WR. Oh well, crying over spilt milk does no good, just thought keeping Pryor on the roster was the safest move
for us to have some insurance in case one of the top 3 WR's go down which is pretty much inevitable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players at today's practice/waiver claims/transactions - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-31-2022, 09:40 PM