Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions
(09-01-2022, 01:18 PM)Synric Wrote: The issue with the WR room is outside of the top 3 they don't really have a Wide Receiver on the roster.

Michael Thomas and Stanley Morgan are Special Teams players not Wide Receivers. They offer nothing to the offense at all if one of the top 3 receivers miss significant time. Michael Thomas is a 6 year veteran and he has 28 receptions 328 yards 1 TD. Stanley Morgan in 3 seasons has 5 receptions for 29 yards. Trent Taylor is the best of the bunch with 81 receptions for 772 yards and 3 TDs but at 5'8 180lbs 4.63 speed he is a slot guy only that cannot backup Tee or Chase. Mostly his value is at punt returner.

That's the issue with the Wide Receiver group and why people were excited about Kendrick Pryor who showed some speed and route running this preseason. I'm the first person to say backup receivers need to play special teams because it's important but so is the balance between being a receiver and a special teams player.

Was hoping to keep Taylor, Morgan, and Pryor personally thinking that addressed all the Bengals needs. 

But hey I love everything the Bengals did this off season except not keeping Pryor and Browning on 53. Really can't complain much, yet I still will lol. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions - Go Cards - 09-01-2022, 01:47 PM