Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions
(09-01-2022, 01:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And the counter to this is: If one of the big 3 goes down, there are WRs on the street that offer nothing but pass-catching.

OBJ
Will Fuller
Allen Hurns
Keelan Cole
TY Hilton
Josh Gordon

Are just a few who have produced in the NFL

And it will take time with any one of them to get up to speed with our team and scheme we run.

At least Pryor new it and had the speed with good hands. He was a good one to develop IMO.

Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk, need to just hope our top 3 stay healthy I guess.

(09-01-2022, 02:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: Agreed. A good summary of the situation by Synric. 

We would all be a lot more comfortable if we had a 4th receiver with some speed and talent who could stretch the field. I think Trent Taylor can step in as a possession receiver; although he had only 2 receptions last year (!), he once had over 40 receptions one season with the 49ers (an 136 one year in college). But he's slow in terms of stretching the field as a receiver. The team seems to be working on the TE position, and addressed the OL, but where is the depth at receiver in terms of stretching the field?

That is the question and if they would of signed OJ Howard at least he was able to stretch the field at one point.

If you aren't going to do it with WR, should do it with a TE, but they didn't even do that. Asiasi doesn't stretch the field
from everything I seen of him and has problems staying in shape.

But hey, we still have the best trio of WR's.

(09-01-2022, 03:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: It does seem lame to worry about wide receiver depth, but I agree with Synric. We aren't going to be able to keep them all. It'll be nice to hit on some late picks but they are going to need time to develop so now is the time we should have at least 1 to replace the big 3. It'll still be a luxury to pick one high in the draft as long as the big three are here, but we may need to if we don't have none currently being developed.

But this is a "good" problem to have.

True at least we are looking at depth instead of starters as the problem like in the past.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players at 8/31 practice/waiver claims/transactions - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-01-2022, 06:48 PM