Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim Max Scharping Off Waivers
(09-01-2022, 02:34 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: This pickup has put Carman in the trade mix, he's on thin ice.  Unless Shapring plays multiple spots, it doesn't make much sense to have 3 LG's.
It also says that the Bengals saw a wide gap between Volson and Carman in terms of readiness to start.  
I don't get it with Carman, he is a physical specimen as a guard.  He's shown nastiness at times, a trait needed to play online but can't be coached.  Is he just not smart enough to understand his job?  Lazy?  Gets easily confused?  Or is he not mature for all of 22?
Zac had some nice words about Carman yesterday, that goes both ways, a buildup to help his trade value or Zac means it for a Cincinnati Bengal.

As TLL says here, trading Charmin doesn't make any sense right now.

Him being only 22 actually does make sense in him still struggling. It is also a reason you keep him around hope he 
grows into that nasty, mauling Guard in the run game. If he can get his sets down and his hand placement at some 
point this season or next Offseason he could still be good.

Anyone saying different just hates the guy and is a pessimist like Frank lol

(09-01-2022, 03:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't know about that. Trading Carman would put about $2.1m in dead cap on the Bengals, opposed to his current $1.7m cap hit this year. Cutting him would create $3.1m in dead cap.

Maybe next year, when the Bengals would save cap space by either cutting or trading him, but I don't know if they are willing to take an increased cap hit to get rid of him this year. Doesn't seem like a particularly Bengals thing to do.

This.

BTW, Scharping WAS a very good pick up and I am glad we got him in here somewhat early so he can learn the scheme
before the opener in case Volson does really struggle which I kind of expect against Heyward and company. We will have 
to help Volson out with a RB a TE chipping and Jonah and Ted helping. Volson will be the player on the OL Defense's will
try to attack the most without question.

If Scharping can come in and solidify LG and make Defense's think about attacking somewhere else that is great.

I don't know if he will be THAT good though so soon. He has improved every year he has been in the league though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals claim Max Scharping Off Waivers - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-01-2022, 07:11 PM