Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with the highest % of draft picks since 2018 out of the NFL entirely - 9/1/18
(09-02-2022, 05:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's an interesting one because on one hand the Jags are terrible and your comment is true, but on the other hand the rest of the top-5 are the Ravens, Bucs, Patriots, and Saints. Not really sure what conclusion you can draw from that.

Memory tells me that this list consists of mainly teams that have tended to get a fair number of compensatory picks, which tend to up the number of later round picks a team has.  Late round picks have a tough time making a roster from the get go.  So by the general concept of compensatory picks, teams which have them are going to have a lower rate of draft pick retention.  As has already been mentioned by someone else, late round picks don't tend to get the same number of opportunities to make rosters as early picks who falter in the early stages of their careers.  Therefore they will more likely be out of the league quickly if they don't crack the roster in the first two seasons.  This might be an oversimplification on my part, but I think it is valid none the less.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams with the highest % of draft picks since 2018 out of the NFL entirely - 9/1/18 - jfkbengals - 09-04-2022, 11:16 AM