Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with the highest % of draft picks since 2018 out of the NFL entirely - 9/1/18
(09-04-2022, 02:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This just goes to show that "players on the roster" isn't what matters.

Home runs are what matters.

Guys like Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Wilson, etc.

Just like the 2011-15 stretch was propelled by home runs like Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, and Dalton (to a lesser degree).

Just like how the drafting of Chad, TJ, Rudi, Carson, etc got us back to the playoffs in 2005.

It's quality over quantity. Guys like Orson Charles being on your roster does literally nothing.

(09-04-2022, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also, I'll add that bad teams are more likely to keep more of their lesser talented picks, just due to their roster being worse. It's like some of us always said. Great teams are built via a combo of great drafting and free agent moves.

If we had some 7th round scrub in place of Trey Hendrickson last year, do we make the Super Bowl? Probably not, but this lousy stat would suggest we were drafting better.

Nice posts Shake, yes it has been the combination of drafting well and getting proven Vets in Free Agency that has really
propelled this team into relevancy. Also, the coaching last year in keeping our players disciplined and not committing terrible
penalties all the time. Hope this is the case a week from now going against the team with the refs in their pocket.

My only concern is penalties cause the OL hasn't really had as much time to gel as I think they might of needed.

This might keep the game close than it should be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams with the highest % of draft picks since 2018 out of the NFL entirely - 9/1/18 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-04-2022, 04:20 PM