Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality?
(09-05-2022, 05:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize that things haven't been nearly as bad as the 90s, but I 100% think it's true because, yes, they're paid well, but how many businesses, even like restaurants, are more successful because of better environments where the employees work harder?

This is a legitimate point.  Look at how much huge corporations spend on amenities to make the work environment better.  Employees like to feel that they are appreciated.  And the theory is that that makes them work harder.

But then I ask how much dedication a player really has if he is not going to give maximum effort just because he can't have unlimited Gatorade to take home.  Gatorade costs about $3.00 per gallon in 20 oz bottles.  An NFL player could buy a full year's supply for one one-hundredth of a single pay check.

So I agree in theory that if the team treats the players well they will be more motivated to play better, but the question is how much and where do you draw the line.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality? - fredtoast - 09-05-2022, 05:37 PM