Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality?
(09-05-2022, 03:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No doubt winning in playoffs and making the Super Bowl should have increased that team chemistry but maintaining it at a high level is hard, the 89 Super Bowl team seemed to be the tightest group (defense/offense) that I can remember but they were not able to maintain it.  

Green/Dalton/Atkins era has a strong core and rarely lost games they were favored but never seemed to move up to the level we expected. 

This team especially with the structure of contracts over the next couple years makes it look like they can add more to that team chemistry and avoid though loses when they are favored over the next couple years

Green /Dalton/Marvin Lewis era had one recurring theme....shrink in the bright lights.   This 2020's version is just the opposite.   They seem to elevate their play when the lights are brightest.    

I turned in my season tickets the last year they rehired Marvin.   I like him and respect him as a person and as an administrator, as well as a talent evaluator.   But, good God, his game and clock mgmt drove me insane.  Winning just 2 games against your most hated rival on your own turf in 15 years would have had any other HC not under Mike Brown fired before he got to 10 years.    New Blood and new karma with these Bengals.    Our Conference is uber talented, but anything other than at least playing in the conference championship, should be considered  a failed season.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality? - dr tarzan - 09-05-2022, 07:25 PM