Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl
I understand the idea that they overachieved considering the o-line and overall youth on offense.

That said, I don't necessarily see that as a disqualifier with this group. Peaking early and overachieving aren't necessarily the same. If anything, the Bengals could be even better with the young offensive players gaining experience and snaps together. I also think the defense is better than they were ranked in the 2021 regular season, and the playoffs started to reflect that.

The Bengals have been adding defensive pieces for 3 offseasons. Many of them came from other teams. It takes time for guys from outside the organization to get on the same page, particularly when there are several coming in at the same time. This year brings more stability. I think this is an underrated factor. We basically have the same group of starters retuning for the first time in the Taylor era, and they were pretty good together last year. I feel like they can be even better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl - samhain - 09-06-2022, 09:25 PM