Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl
(09-06-2022, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: One big change that can effect if the whole Super Bowl losers not returning to the superbowl is the new 14 team playoffs. In the second year of this new system we had both 4th seed teams go the the superbowl and that's the first time a team without a first round bye has won the superbowl since the Ravens. Teams without the first round bye winning the superbowl used to be very rare but now I expect it to happen quite a bit.

It will be interesting to see how the whole losers returning to the superbowl thing plays out over rhe next decade because of the new playoff system.

Edit: Also that 17 game schedule. Some of those 9-7 teams on that list could become 10-7 and earn that final wild card spot.

Great point. The new system most certainly could change a lot of statistics including the losing team going back to the SB.

I think it changes this year if we stay somewhat healthy and have lots of things go our way.

We fixed our 1 weakness so maybe not as many things will need to go our way this time around as well.

(09-06-2022, 09:25 PM)samhain Wrote: I understand the idea that they overachieved considering the o-line and overall youth on offense.  

That said, I don't necessarily see that as a disqualifier with this group.  Peaking early and overachieving aren't necessarily the same.  If anything, the Bengals could be even better with the young offensive players gaining experience and snaps together.  I also think the defense is better than they were ranked in the 2021 regular season, and the playoffs started to reflect that.

The Bengals have been adding defensive pieces for 3 offseasons.  Many of them came from other teams.  It takes time for guys from outside the organization to get on the same page, particularly when there are several coming in at the same time.  This year brings more stability. I think this is an underrated factor.  We basically have the same group of starters retuning for the first time in the Taylor era, and they were pretty good together last year.  I feel like they can be even better.

Great post. That was some quality experience our young guys gained. Like you said we are bringing the most starters back
to a SB losing team I have seen in awhile. We changed 4 starters and went from Uzo to Hurst, Adeniji to Cappa, Hopkins to 
Karras and Prince to La'el frickin' Collins!

We will see how Volson improves playing next to Jonah and Ted. He could get decent faster than some think.

The Defense as you say should be better for sure with another year of Lou adding his personnel and our player's continuing
to grow in his system.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NO NFL Network analyst picked us to return to Super Bowl - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-07-2022, 06:07 PM