Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Utah parents complained a HS athlete might be transgender after she beat daughter
(09-07-2022, 11:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: you really shouldn't act like something you are not. You aren't doing a very good job of it. Alot of the arguments you are trying to interject were only brought up by you. Color, mixed sports, popularity of WNBA, Soccer etc. This is about Trans males trying to compete in HS Girls only sports. The rest is just 2 pages of you yapping about nothing.

Right it's all about trans males to females.  That's the one thing that is the issue with people.  I agree with that. 

And fair point to calling out my rambling stream of consciousness trip down memory lane or my long-winded devil's advocating, but if I may try to give this all a sincere and terse coda I did point out that the situation seems strange to me.  With that being said, it also smacks of the same old cynical "protecting the women and children" aspect of a lot of political rhetoric that has been aimed at people outside of the conservative base.

We've seen the "I'm just looking out for women and children" argument be used against teachers, and gays, and trans people, and segregation and immigration and even allowing women to vote way back when.  So yeah, I academically "get the argument" here, but at the same time it's hard to ignore how disingenuous a lot of those arguments have been over the generations.

Now I'll legimately try to focus my powers of obsession on something else, I promise. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Utah parents complained a HS athlete might be transgender after she beat daughter - Nately120 - 09-08-2022, 06:38 AM