Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet?
(09-08-2022, 11:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think the argument falls in line of "drug buyer is sick, but drug seller is not" but I am not interested in making distinctions like that for the death penalty. I'm mostly opposed to it. People like it because humans are naturally vindictive and they think it is what the person deserves. However, it is a very inefficient process that costs a ton of money and time in comparison to life in prison. Also, the justice system gets it wrong sometimes, and finally, I am not a fan of the government being able to adjudicate life or death. 

But drug dealers wouldn't be able to commit these death-worthy crimes if people didn't want to buy drugs.  It's just bizarre to see a crime worthy of death being placed on a transaction that involves two people and a substance.

We aren't talking about people who sell sex slaves or nuclear secrets, we're talking about a transaction for a consumable substance.  It just doesn't add up to me...and I don't do drugs, and I have no desire to do them.  Then again, I find it odd we as a society demonize people who do one sort of stimulant or depressent while simultaneously building billion dollar corporations and marketing around selling people a different ones.

Death to drug dealers!  Also, here are 1000 commercials every football Sunday about a downer that we will tell you is required for having a good time...but remember if you kill yourself with it or cause harm to others as happens all too often, it's your fault not ours!  Society...I tells ya.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet? - Nately120 - 09-08-2022, 11:31 AM