Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet?
(09-08-2022, 11:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Drugs and drug dealers don't cause death via drugs anymore than someone who shoots himself was killed by the person who sold the gun.  What is a lethal drug?  People die from alcohol related causes all the time, yet we don't see politicians saying people who sell booze should be executed after "speedy trials."

People getting excited over the idea of the government creating new reasons to execute people is troubling in my book and I say this as someone who believes people should be free to consume whatever they like but has also never purchased an illegal drug in his life.  This is just pointless at best, and troubling at worst.

Plus you know, it opens up the idea that the government that you don't trust can say "Welp, found a bag of coke on HarleyDog....time for a speedy trial and an execution."  It just seems like an odd time for people to want to put more lethal power in the hands of the government, is all.

I was sitting in the Dr's office yesterday and there was a poster on the wall comparing different drugs to heroin. Most are aware heroin is a nasty addicting drug which kills thousands of people per year. Then you have fentanyl which is 50-100 times stronger than morphine, and Carfentanil which is 10,000 times stronger than morphine. Now there is a drug on the street called grey death, which is a cocktail of several high potency drugs. So, if a person sells these on the street and someone dies, penalties of the severest kind should be brought against such persons. 

(09-08-2022, 11:13 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not a big advocate for the death penalty, but harsher penalties for drug dealers is fine by me. However, it doesn't really solve the problem. Some kind of drug reform needs to happen and I don't know what that looks like. Over the years, legalization has been a growing topic online and some of their points make sense but there is obviously the engrained stigma against it. Regardless, as long as it is illegal, there will always be drug dealers, regardless of punishment and there will always be a metric shit-ton of folks who buy from them. Humans love, love, love to get high. 

The U.S. drug problem is a tough one. It causing horrific issues here in the U.S. and also fueling a literal warzone down south. 

I understand there will always be drug dealers. Stuff like marijuana (unless laced with stronger drugs) are recreational and I pretty much put it up there with alcohol. I love beer as much as another person may like pot. I'm not really talking about these when referring to dangerous drugs. As for solving the problem, it's really tough to solve but one avenue out of many would be charging those who overdose and need narcanned with a crime instead of letting them go without repercussions. This happens where I live and I don't understand it. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you think Trump won't be elected again in 2024. Wanna bet? - HarleyDog - 09-08-2022, 11:35 AM