Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginning of the end, for Obamacare?
(12-05-2015, 04:24 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Apparently, in your case, supply and demand.

I don't think you have a clue about how pharma really works, much less the concept of a return on R&D.  You also appear clueless about why drug prices are different in different countries (hint: single payor).

But allow me to fill you in - there is very little profit in global pharma because the prices are generally set to barely cover cost.   So the lionshare of profits - which is where money for R&D comes from - come from the US.  This is what it means when people say the US funds global healthcare.  Sure, I'm all for getting out of that game as soon as Donald Trump tells me how he's going to get Mexico and China to pay their fair share.

I'm not even going to bother talking about patents and why those protections must exist.

Then once that's finished....they move to Ireland to avoid paying taxes and re-investing that revenue in the infrastructure that allowed for that R&D Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginning of the end, for Obamacare? - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-07-2015, 02:03 AM