Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(09-11-2022, 05:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't recall Zac throwing any picks, much less multiple picks that directly led to 10 points.

There is plenty of blame to go around, Zac deserves plenty of it but so does just about everyone else out there..

Wilcox sucked in his emergency roll. No one expects him to be great but when given 2 tries one should have been decent. That said, sample let the inside guy go on the blocked XP.

Collins didn’t get his hands on Watt directly leading to an identical int by Watt as his older brother got against us 10 years ago in the Texans playoff game because an OL didn’t even touch him.

Burrow didn’t throw to Hurst wide open deep down the seam multiple times. One time he didn’t throw to him, then came right back the next play and forced it to Boyd in the same spot for a pick. Then ran hurry up after the Chase non-TD that shoulda been before we could get a look to challenge.

Volson with a stupid false start at home inside the 5 yard line. Messed up a couple of blocks too. Overall about what you expect from a rookie, he’ll get it together.

Team was unprepared week one and making tons of stupid decisions. That’s on Zac and I believe he clearly should have had these starters in one preseason game at minimum. OL clearly took time to start to gel which could have been done in preseason. Non-TD should have been challenged. I blame burrow for rushing it but he could have said screw it and challenged anyway. Have to make quick decisions when the other team is rushing to get a play off. Some very predictable plays out there running on first down when both teams know it’s coming.

It was ugly all around. Bright side is we still almost won with terrible play and horrendous luck and a LS injury that had me as nervous about LS as I was when we had Brad St. Louis. They got tons of stuff on tape to correct and all of it can be easily corrected.

Hopefully they don’t overlook WR depth any longer and get a reliable vet for #4 WR. Been saying it all offseason and it’s already reared it’s ugly head week 1. Clean up stupid penalties. Chase taunting was nearly a game ender and very stupid. Clean up o line communication and chemistry which will happen with time. Get a healthy long snapper. They went with the old vet over the younger guy. Old vet got hurt week one. Bring in the young guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals*** - leonardfan40 - 09-11-2022, 06:08 PM