Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's take a minute and acknowledge this
(12-07-2015, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that if you give Andty credit for wins then you alos have to ive him some blame for losses.

The problem I have with his post-season criticism is that some people claim it is better for a QB to not make the playoffs than it is to make it to the playoffs and lose.  

As crazy as it sounds, Dalton would probably be getting a lot more love from the national media right now if he had actually missed the playoffs his first two seasons.

Gruden brought this up in the Monday night game.  He said that making the playoffs those first two years brought a great amount of expectations.  I think some people just see "four straight playoff losses" and focus solely on that.

I will be the first person to admit I have had doubts about Dalton in the past.  I give him a great amount of credit though.  I think the continued work with House has paid huge dividends in his delivery.  I don't know if he sought out some advice about the mental aspect of the game, but I think he has made enormous strides in that part of the game.  It is a good time to be a Bengals fan, and I am extremely glad that they chose Dalton over Kaepernick...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's take a minute and acknowledge this - OrlandoBengal - 12-07-2015, 12:57 PM