Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pushed Around by Bullies AGAIN
(09-11-2022, 08:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why?

Why, more often than not, do the Cincinnati Bengals turn into milquetoast wimps and allow the Steelers’ defense to beat them up on the playground for lunch money?

I’ve been watching the same scenario for decades and I’m sick of it.  Why does the Bengals’ offense just take it?  More important, why can’t the Bengals’ defense do that too?

I know the NFL desires a high scoring television-friendly game.  With that said there’s a lot to be said for a shutdown defense; the Bengals’ defense played technically well today — props to Lou Anarumo — but Pittsburgh is going to win a lot of games playing their punishing style of defense.  Every hit they make is jarring, they throw players around, and they intimidate.

The Steelers’ defense scared Joe Burrow today.  They made Ja’Marr Chase look tentative.  I haven’t seen that since the 2021 preseason.  

Maybe Zac Taylor should have played the first team offense in preseason.  It shows poor judgment to put the first team out there in Week One with minimal contact and especially against the Steelers.

The final score was 23-20 but we all know the game was an absolute blowout.

On to Dallas!
Not a smart take. I think that the Bengal's defense, for the most part, pushed Pitt around most of the day. The offense? Most of their issues were self-inflicted. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pushed Around by Bullies AGAIN - Nepa - 09-11-2022, 08:47 PM
RE: Pushed Around by Bullies AGAIN - Tony - 09-12-2022, 05:43 AM
RE: Pushed Around by Bullies AGAIN - Leon - 09-11-2022, 09:04 PM
RE: Pushed Around by Bullies AGAIN - iowahwky4cincy - 09-11-2022, 09:25 PM