Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile
(09-11-2022, 10:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So is missing an extra point for the win and a field goal for the win.

They're never in that situation without piss poor play from the QB......and a pick six. No two ways about it.

(09-11-2022, 10:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But how is it biased? Andy played bad, people complained. Burrow plays bad, people complain. 

The context is, what each have done in their careers before that bad game and how much criticism it deserves. 

How can you say Burrow deserves the same blame Dalton got with how their careers have/had gone? People didn't really bash on Andy until after 3 playoff losses and numerous bad outings in prime time. I'm talking his play, specifically. 

I'll readily admit that i was one of the biggest Dalton based-on-play bashers here, but i didn't even go to the dark side until post 2016. 

In real life, if one co-worker makes mistake after mistake and the other does his job and is productive, both of them make a mistake that costs the company a fair amount of cash, are they looked at the same, or does the guy who is usually productive get the benefit of the doubt?

They both made a bad mistake. Should they be treated equally?

Go back re-read my original post you replied to. I said some of the same posters that blasted Dalton over every little mistake, and straight up crucified him over the big ones are swinging off Joe's nuts today and trying to blame everyone in Cincinnati but him for today. 

Again it's not about each player.... it's about objectivity and consistency. 

As to the players, I support both, I believed Dalton lost us the 2.0 game same as I believe Joe lost the game today. Some would say Andy lost us the 2.0 game, and then turn around and say Zac lost us the game, Wilcox lost us the game, Huber lost us the game, etc, etc. Hell there are threads about it, there's a post right above yours here about it. It's hypocrisy, and I'll always call that out. Sorry not sorry, lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2022, 11:42 PM