Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals
(09-12-2022, 12:10 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: Granted,  I haven't combed through every thread, but I'm surprised not very many people are talking about this decision:

If the Bengals kick (and make) a 46 yd FG there, they are down three 20-17 with 8 minutes left. Their next series they got down to the 2 and went for (and failed) on 4th and 2. Had they kicked the FG earlier, all they needed was a FG there to tie instead of having to go for it on 4th down AGAIN. Their last series was the TD to Chase. Which would have been the game winner, not even needing the XP, had they kicked (and made) the earlier 46 yard FG.

By not trying that 46 yd FG, they felt like they had to get a TD on the next 2 possessions.

Granted, Harris getting hurt, may have factored into the decision not to try for the 46 yard FG.  But seems to me that the Bengals/Taylor made it harder on themselves by not trying that FG with 8:23 left to cut it to 3.

Yesterday during all the "Zac sucks" revitalization; this is the one play I questioned. But I'm sure Harris' injury played a part in the decision. Hell hindsight what it is, we shoulda went for 2 at the end of the game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals - bfine32 - 09-12-2022, 12:13 PM