Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals
(09-12-2022, 11:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it's also worth noting that Joe was making certain throws (like the interception on the 4th down play) that he simply does not have the arm strength to bullet in there. Especially when he's still evidently recovering his core strength (and perhaps his arm strength) from his surgery. He isn't Justin Herbert and his success thus far in his career has not relied on those howitzer shots to squeeze the ball into ultra tight windows. 

I did notice that later in the game, Mixon was being given a free 10 yards every time Joe dropped back to pass and that's what Joe needs to do moving forward. Take what the defense is giving him. I am not sure why he was looking for the home run all day, but I don't think he'll make those mistakes again.

Funny enough, that interception I was actually okay with. It was 4th down and they had to go for it because of the Harris situation. An interception in that situation is better field position wise than a turnover on downs or sack so throwing it in there and taking a chance was a calculated risk. 

It's the same reason Mahomes struggled to start last year, impatience. You have to be willing to go on 10 plus play drives and a young QB, and OC, can struggle with that at times. Add in the fact we have these shinny toys on the outside we want to use and you see why it can be so tempting to want to take your shots. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals - Au165 - 09-12-2022, 01:36 PM