Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Was Joe Burrow Bungalized against the Steelers?
(09-12-2022, 11:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I wouldn't tell people to hit the panic button, but we are in the AFC and lost to an AFC opponent.  Aaron Rodgers has played his entire career in a division with the Bears, the Lions, and the Vikings...the Packers have won that division even in years where he himself missed almost half the season.

If Rodgers took that rumored trade to the Broncos and laid an egg in week 1 in the AFC and in the AFC West no less, I bet there would be far less reason to R E L A X.  Much like Patriots-era Brady, he's good no doubt, but he's also in a spot where he has a lot more leeway than we do.  Tough luck for us, I guess.

BUt yes, Burrow will be much better and we're in a bit of a good spot since the Steelers are in flux and already lost Watt and Harris, the Browns can scrape by but will be playing a backup and a rusty sex offender who has to get rubbed down by dudes all year at QB, and the Ravens...well, we need to beat them to play it safe.  I guess we picked a better than usual year to lay an egg in week one, right?

They got blown out by the Saints last year opening weekend, that was an NFC loss (Not divisional but hurt their seeding), so it was a big deal. 

The point really is that QB's are going to lay an egg at some point in the year. I prefer it comes week 1 than week 11 because one is a comfort thing while the other is usually because of other more serious factors. Heck the difference between how he played the 2nd half vs the 1st should be reassuring in itself. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was Joe Burrow Bungalized against the Steelers? - Au165 - 09-12-2022, 01:39 PM