Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals
(09-12-2022, 01:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Funny enough, that interception I was actually okay with. It was 4th down and they had to go for it because of the Harris situation. An interception in that situation is better field position wise than a turnover on downs or sack so throwing it in there and taking a chance was a calculated risk. 

It's the same reason Mahomes struggled to start last year, impatience. You have to be willing to go on 10 plus play drives and a young QB, and OC, can struggle with that at times. Add in the fact we have these shinny toys on the outside we want to use and you see why it can be so tempting to want to take your shots. 

Yea, I didn't mind that interception in particular, it was just an example I could think of off the top of my head where I saw it and thought "Man, that window was so small and it closed so quickly, I'm not sure Joe is actually physically capable of that throw."

I do think Joe got a wee bit caught up in the "F it, Ja'marr's down there somewhere, just throw it up to him" line of thinking. I think he'll adjust quickly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals - CJD - 09-12-2022, 02:14 PM