Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals
(09-12-2022, 02:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good things tend to happen when he throws it to Chase though. Burrow to Boyd is the connection that seems to cause the most trouble - even going back to last year.

I know part of it was due to Tee going out, but I did like giving Chase 12 targets. He caught 10 of them for 129 yds, 1 TD (really was 2) and was inches away from another. I would love to see him continue to get 10-15 targets a game even once Tee is back.

(09-12-2022, 02:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am actually with you here. There were times late where we started getting some cover 3 looks where Chase was getting single looks that even though the CB was in off coverage I'd have liked to take a shot and let him go for it. 

100% agreed with both of you. The more we involve Chase, the better our offense will be. I get that he'll have a safety over him when he's on the outside 90% of the time, but I really liked what we did with him in the slot both last year and yesterday. I hope they continue to put him in positions that allow him to make a man miss and get 10 to 15 yards in addition to isolating him on a slot corner or safety as much as possible.

The more often we throw to Chase (without forcing it into double or triple coverage consistently), the more likely we are to win, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Headline on ESPN Coaching decisions doom Bengals - CJD - 09-12-2022, 02:34 PM