Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Maybe there's another a reason Burrow is sacked so much
(09-13-2022, 10:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The angle of the shot makes it look worse than it is. If you go by the small yard hash by the ball it looks like his hand is right up against that while the ball is on the other side.

Then if you look just at him, his helmet looks like it’s right over his hand. Looks like he’s onsides to me or at most an inch or two leaning. The ball also gets moved when the center picks it up. They aren’t going to call something that close on anyone unless he moves early. I have seen some egregious ones before but I wouldn’t get worked up over this. Camera angles can do crazy things and make it look worse than it actually was.

Yeah I don't think it's something to get worked up over, makes minimal difference to the play. But he's quite ahead of his own D-Line, and this is a rule which is a clear 'offsides or not' rule, rather than something which is slightly about opinion. To me it's more when the refs can't spot that at a crucial juncture of the game (look at the game clock!), then how are they to be relied on in general.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe there's another a reason Burrow is sacked so much - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-13-2022, 11:20 AM