Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Did anyone else want to go for it in Overtime?
(09-13-2022, 12:54 PM)740Bengal Wrote: 4th and 16, a punt guarantees a tie and most likely a loss, which is like kissing your sister, am I the only one who wanted to go for it?

Not for the 4th and 16. But just watched Joe goodberrys Bengals on the brain. Which if anyone doesn't know about that it comes on at Tuesdays at 8 and I really enjoy those. But he brought up the point that when we got down to the 12 yd line in overtime we basically settled on a field goal again. A run up the middle for nothing and a two yard pass to sample. We should've just dropped burrow back twice if not 3 times and see what he could do. He struggled early but he had thrown at least 4 would be game winners in the last 4 mins of the game. The chances were probably higher of him doing it again vs making the field goal with Wilcox snapping. 

He usually has some different takes and one that caught me by surprise was he thought rewatching the game the oline played better in the first half vs the 2nd half. Said he thought like anyone watching the game that it seemed the oline settled down and played better in the 2nd half. But it seemed the difference was more Burrow reading the defense better and having better answers for what the defense was doing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did anyone else want to go for it in Overtime? - NUGDUKWE - 09-13-2022, 11:09 PM