Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predictable plays from formations
(09-14-2022, 03:39 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Agree with you and, to be honest, that video was the weakest play-action I've ever seen. Ball wasn't even tucked close into the RB. Nobody is asking JB to run play-action like Boomer did as he ran play-action as well as anybody in the history of the game. He had the entire D bite and then he'd throw that deep post to Eddie Brown or Tim McGee.

Would love to see those 1-2 step drops and quick hitters to the WR's for a minimum of 6-7 yards most times before they get hit and alot of times for even more if the DB misses a stop.

Would be awesome if Boomer took a little time to show Joe how to do play-action well. Could only help from the guy 
that was the best at it. He would literally fake out the camera let alone make the entire D bite. Also true on the 1-2 step
drops and quick underneath passes, this needs to be in the playbook and the tosses and deep passes in the middle need
to be cast aside until the O-line has gained a touch of chemistry.

We would of easily won on Sunday if we just changed things up a touch cause we wouldn't of been turning the ball over.

The coaches are setting us up to fail if they keep this up. Ignorant/unknowing self sabotage.

(09-14-2022, 04:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And Joe Burrow. Don't forget Joe Burrow audiles and changes plays all the time. As much as I love JB, he's not immune from criticizing if he happens to audible into a run play that gets stuffed at the LoS, for example.

Yep, it is on Joe just the same when he is audibling into the wrong play.

(09-14-2022, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not "playcalling" its the playbook. It's like they are running 2 completely separate offensives for the run and pass. From the wide zone offense they are missing alot of TE playaction routes, boots, and mesh concepts. From the Spead pass they are missing a ton of motions, screens, RPOs and sweeps.

I said last year the run offense and pass offense se werent married together and if week 1 is any indication it's the same.

Probably right as usual. Not a smart way to run an Offense. Needs to be a seamless transition between plays in the 
same Offense. Not separate ones. Also, they brought in OL that are not wide zone Lineman sticking a square peg in a 
round hole. Lots to clean up after watching this game. Should of been much more prepared.

If you are going to run a spread passing Offense you have to have those calls in the playbook you mention.

(09-14-2022, 04:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Imagine a world where the Bengals ran and passed out of the same formation? It would be a world where defenses cant key on the formation to give the play away. Imagine...

Yeah, that is the world I was hoping to see this season. Hope it still happens but there is a lot of work to do clearly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predictable plays from formations - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-14-2022, 07:58 PM