Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Predictable plays from formations
In an alternate reality where ~30% of the pass plays were play action, I think that the Bengals would've won by 7+. More TE usage, more passing out of run personnel and Vice versa, I think that they would've done it. 20/20 hindsight.

I can't really blame the coaching staff for being so tentative with guys in the pre-season. The freak injury to Harris wasn't in their control. The lack of a TD attempt on 3rd and 8 seemed too conservative (a TD or 1st down should be far more probable than an interception there), but the miss was due to a freak occurrence. I do think that you can rightly criticize the game plan and playcalling last week. If for no other reason that it put Burrow into a very high pressure scenario without any preseason action. Last year during the first third or half of the season, this seemed like a team that got by with good defense, a solid run game, and a pass game that produced splash plays often enough. It seemed as though Burrow wasn't ready to go out there and be prime Aaron Rodgers - which should be expected. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predictable plays from formations - Bilbo Saggins - 09-15-2022, 11:12 PM