Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT
(09-15-2022, 08:15 PM)Nepa Wrote: Huber kind of indicated that on such a short field goal, having the laces the wrong way shouldn't have impacted the kick. I originally assumed he should have downed it and tried again, since the announcers made a big deal about the laces, but I'm wondering if the blocked field goal earlier had both the holder and kicker rushing the kick.

From bengals.com:

"When the Bengals attempted Evan McPherson's 29-yard field-goal try to win it in overtime on third down, holder Kevin Huber yanked down the high snap and McPherson missed left. The idea to snap it on third down is if there's a bad snap, Huber can eat the ball and they try again."

"But if anything, Huber would have just slowed it down and not rushed it."

"I've caught so many field-goal snaps in my life, the fact that I put it down just tells me it was a ball I thought it was within reason to catch it and put it down," Huber said. "If the laces are ever not perfect, we just practice leave them there. On that short of a field goal, the laces shouldn't affect it. I probably should have been smoother on my transition."

Yes. McPherson was totally off balance when he kicked it. The block may have been in his head.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT - THE PISTONS - 09-16-2022, 12:18 AM