Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’d bet someone good money we’re gonna see the same D Pittsburg played against Dallas
(09-18-2022, 10:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Here is the data.

Left End - three rushes, 0 yards
Left Tackle - six rushes, 2 yards per carry
Left Guard - three rushes, 5.6 yards per carry
Middle - 10 rushes, 2.3 yards per carry
Right Guard - three rushes, 11.6 yards per carry
Right Tackle - four rushes, 0.25 yards per carry

Between the tackles was...

16 carries, 4.68 yards per carry. However, it was a bit boom or bust, right? They weren't consistent, but they ripped off a long run. That run counts and I don't want to discount it, but I would like to see some more consistency instead of getting stuffed and ripping a long one. Outside of that big run by Mixon, they had 15 carries for 2.9 yards per carry between the tackles. 

Bengals run better in the shotgun because teams are expecting pass and go cover 2 against the Bengals. If the Bengals are under center teams drop a safety and play 8 in the box because tendencies going back to last year say run.

Bengals coaches need to do a better job taking advantage of these tendencies they have worked theirselves into... like more 3/5 step drops from under center maybe some mesh concepts force defenses to drop play cover 2 or a cover 1 overhang so it opens up the run game more.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’d bet someone good money we’re gonna see the same D Pittsburg played against Dallas - Synric - 09-18-2022, 11:44 AM