Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I’d bet someone good money we’re gonna see the same D Pittsburg played against Dallas
(09-18-2022, 11:44 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals run better in the shotgun because teams are expecting pass and go cover 2 against the Bengals. If the Bengals are under center teams drop a safety and play 8 in the box because tendencies going back to last year say run.

Bengals coaches need to do a better job taking advantage of these tendencies they have worked theirselves into... like more 3/5 step drops from under center maybe some mesh concepts force defenses to drop play cover 2 or a cover 1 overhang so it opens up the run game more.

Makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't have any formational data available to me but this all lines up with what I have been seeing in game. I've seen, and argued, that the Bengals have more success running from shotgun than under center. I wouldn't complain if they largely took the UC plays out of the playbook and implemented more RPO/PA from gun. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’d bet someone good money we’re gonna see the same D Pittsburg played against Dallas - KillerGoose - 09-18-2022, 11:57 AM