Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs
(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow has to improve his own play overall. The line has quit playing like these games are walk-throughs. Most importantly, Zac and the offensive coaches have to do a better job getting these guys ready to play when the game starts, and coming up with schemes / game plans that put these players in more favorable situations. There seems to be a stubbornness to their approach right now...even when it's obviously not working.

What made the Patriots so good is they didn't rely on Brady for every damn play. They knew they had a secret weapon at the end of the game. I see Zac trying to keep playing "our game" instead of playing the game needed to beat that team that week. That's my general idea when watching them, but I can't prove it lol. I just remember Belichick attempting only 3 passes with Mac last year and won that game. 

I think the successful teams morph quickly, game to game and quarter to quarter. They are good in a few areas and play a certain way to beat whatever the weakness is that week. Also I think all of this falls down when the line is so bad. Brady is GOAT because of many things but his maneuvering in the pocket is something Burrow should probably watch a bit more if he hasn't.

But yeah I put it all on Zac when Burrow has 4 picks and a fumble in the 1st half and "keep being aggressive" is his approach in the 2nd half. They almost won, sure. But when he sees his QB struggling and something not working, just keep doing it? Also doesn't jive with they're a better 2nd half team, it means their prepared first half/first drives is piss poor as evidenced by Burrow's 1 TD in the 1st quarter in his entire career.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs - reuben.ahmed - 09-18-2022, 09:22 PM