Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“We’re a Second Half Team”
(09-19-2022, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I don't think we have the coaching staff to be an elite team. It's Year 4 for Zac. The light should have came on by now.

Teams throw a Cover 2 at us and it puzzles them.

This is what is crazy to me. Our coaches keep saying "Oh, they are playing a lot of cover 2." It's like...do they think this is a novel defense that is tough to beat? Sure, you may need to adjust your strategy and stop running so many deep routes and take the underneath and middle stuff, especially against the tampa 2 variety, but this should not befuddle them the way that it has.

Zac is a college quality offensive coordinator playing NFL head coach and play caller and it's gotten really bad. He is ruining Joe Burrow and is failing to utilize one of the most talented groups of receivers in the entire NFL.

I've wanted the Bengals to fire Zac since the end of the 2020 season so maybe I'm biased, but these first two games are just further cementing my belief that Zac is holding this team back with poor playcalling and poor game design.

It should not be automatically known that when Burrow lines up under center that they are going to run. That is so sad that an NFL offense is this predictable. I look at teams like Miami who actually have a "genius" as a play caller and just wish we could hire a legitimate NFL head coach rather than just keeping chugging away with this sad excuse whose only game plan seems to be "Joe, go slip a sack that was caused by my poor play design and then hit Chase down the field when the defense has lost track of him." That's not a coherent offensive game plan and it is not surprising at all that we're regressing to the mean so far this year. I'm starting to believe the people who thought last year was a fluke. It sure ***** feels like it was right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “We’re a Second Half Team” - CJD - 09-19-2022, 12:40 AM