Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“We’re a Second Half Team”
(09-19-2022, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 2020 was a (hopefully) fluke since Burrow got injured, but I did point out that there is a bit of a 2009 to 2010 feeling in the air at the moment.  We got better on paper and SHOULD be better, but we went from a 4th place schedule to a 1st place one, we aren't a sneaky surprise good team anymore, and the magic isn't appearing in the close games like it was the year before.

DISCLAIMER - It's only week 2, I'm open to the idea that Burrow and Chase and ZT will magically turn back into a SB any day now.

Agreed, this is like that 2010 season so far, except even fewer wins at this stage!

I'm not yet convinced the season is over. We have been an absolute mess and really could easily still be 2-0.

But we have the season we had last year.... we invest in the right way to fix the glaring issues we had. And the team couldn't look less prepared.

The thing with Burrow's appendix is bad luck, and I'm not at all convinced he's right. He currently looks so much worse than his last 3 years that something has to be up. His reads of the game etc are very worrying though as they've not been good, and that can't be an appendix issue.

The coaching... jesus. Pollack has to go yesterday really. You cannot invest what we have in the O-Line and it look this atrocious. They look worse than last season if anything. It's inexcusable to look like they did in week 1.... and then come and look just look worse in week 2.

The offensive playcalling... just a joke. Burrow has to take flack for this too as he can change the play at the line. You cann't have Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon and put up 37 points in two games. Offence had 100 snaps in week 1 and had 14 points with 2 seconds of the game to play. This week they had one good drive.

I just think a good Franchise has the season we had last year and builds on it. I wasn't expecting us to re-make the Super Bowl this year, but I was expecting there to be signs we're transitioning into a perennial contender. We look so far from that right now and I cannot believe we've come into the season as unprepared as we look. That I blame the coaching for.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “We’re a Second Half Team” - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-19-2022, 06:51 AM
RE: “We’re a Second Half Team” - CJD - 09-19-2022, 12:40 AM