Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Theory as to our Offensive Ineptitude
(09-19-2022, 10:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'd be concerned, too, except he still looks so elite and clutch at the end of games. I just can't help but think the issue basically boils down to the fact that he and the OL are not on the same page (hell, it's like they're not even reading the same book half the time). I think once they're in sync, even if there's a lot of pressures given up, I think we'll see vintage Burrow in the pocket, moving around, throwing the deep dimes, etc. And I think that'll happen sooner if Zac stops trying to run the ball so damned much at the beginning of games and on 1st and 2nd downs so much. Pass to set up the run from the start of the game and this line will gel quicker, Burrow will get in sync with the line quicker and our offense will look unstoppable quicker. ThumbsUp

I get why they are running the ball. They are trying to get teams out of the two high safety looks. 

The problem is that they can't run the ball. They need to find a way to run the ball and have success on short intermediate passing. That will take teams out of the two high looks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Theory as to our Offensive Ineptitude - WeezyBengal - 09-19-2022, 10:34 AM