Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Theory as to our Offensive Ineptitude
(09-19-2022, 10:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the way Burrow looks is more concerning than the OL itself. Joe looks terrible. He's dropping his eyes, not looking downfield, not going through progressions, etc...even when he has a clean pocket.

Dude is broken right now. Its really sad to see tbh.

Honestly, this isn't any different than last year when we played teams with elite pass rushes. We slowly figured out answers for it and were able to be productive enough to win late in games. But Burrow has always been running for his life with no time to settle into plays.

Taylor is right that they all need to settle down a bit. The offensive line looks shaky against elite talent right now. They still could improve in time to make a run. Burrow doesn't look his best right now.  I thought last game he panicked and made some terrible throws. This past game I thought he did the best he could with the space he was given, and didn't make any mistakes other than the fumble we recovered. 

I think we'll see improvement as the year goes on from the oline and Burrow. I'm not panicking until we lose to the Jets. If we lose next week I'd say our season is basically done. We would have to be flawless the rest of the way pretty much. The Jets are a good team, but they aren't elite like we are supposed to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Theory as to our Offensive Ineptitude - Bengalstripes9 - 09-19-2022, 02:50 PM