Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading quotes from the coaches doesn't inspire confidence that they can fix things..
But, as far as players, Burrow and Chase are clearly identifying the problem, and that is the first step to getting it fixed.

"We're going to have win a different way this year and we need to figure that out quickly so that we can get in the win column," said quarterback Joe Burrow after his longest pass against the Cowboys went 19 yards. "Teams are going to keep playing us in a soft zone until we prove that we can beat them that way."

"I just think people know how to adjust to us now," Chase said. "I feel like we need to learn to make more adjustments in game. Everybody knows what we're going doing to do now. So everyone knows what to expect when we play."

"Burrow called it Two Tampa, that soft zone popularized by Bucs head coach Tony Dungy at the turn of the century. Chase called it Cover Two on both his side and the other side with Tee Higgins."

Somehow, I'm confident that they've been hit in the head enough to make the needed changes. They realize they can't just try to impose what worked in the past, but need to adjust. Sure, should have been done earlier, but I can't imagine they won't make significant changes.

https://www.bengals.com/news/burrow-looking-for-different-ways-to-win
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reading quotes from the coaches doesn't inspire confidence that they can fix things.. - Nepa - 09-19-2022, 10:25 PM