Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs
(09-18-2022, 10:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Making backup QBs look great was supposed to be yet another of those things this team was supposed to have moved beyond and left behind with the "Bungles" era.

making backup QBs look great
playing 1 decent half of football per game
needing to "get our asses kicked" before we "get our heads right"

I'm sure there are more, but still....we were supposed to leave this crap in the past with our undisciplined players, overmatched coaches who make boring excuses after losses, and wimpy QBs who spend the game looking like shells of human beings.

You know, try as I might, I just cannot believe that we will ever be a good, solid team.  We literally won last year despite the o line and Zac Taylor.  There was truly some magic going on.  I will never think anything differently.  How many games last year did we have control of and not have to win in the last minutes or 4th quarter?

I live in Bills Country and all my friends are huge Bills fans and I also support the Bills.  I cannot root for other teams like I do the Bengals, but I try to watch and happy for my friends .  I would be lying if my disappointment didn't reach level 11 last night as I watched what competent coaching and a real o-line can do when you also have solid talent.  I would also be lying if I said I was not horribly jealous.  The Bills have been right there with us in the basement and now they are doing what we were also supposed to do this year; play good football.

I really, truly thought that the years of being in the basement, losing games in ridiculous ways and just being a crappy team were over.  At least while we had the talent that we currently do.  Nope, soul crushed and it only took the Bengals the first 2 games of the season to do it.  I know, I read all the don't panic threads.  I've been watching this team for over 30 years.  I know how this script plays out.

I know, we could bounce back and maybe make the playoffs.  I could also win the lottery.  My chances on the lottery are probably better.

I just watched and watched the game last night and just could not believe the difference in play calling and o-line play.  The Bengals look like a JV team.

I just had to rant.  One of the most disappointing starts to any season I have ever experienced as a Bengals fan.  What did I really expect though.  It's the Bengals.  We will always be the Bengals.  We will always do our Bengal thing apparently.

I know, there are lots of excuses.  I'm tired of excuses.  Excuses don't = W's.  0-2.  According to stats we will need another miracle year just to make the playoffs.  1 great year out of 30 plus and right back to the basement.  I come to work and all I hear is "What the hell happened to the Bengals?"  

Ok, I'm done.  I just had to get that out.  lol.  I know, i'm being a little bi!@# this morning.  I try so hard to stay positive.  I almost never post anything negative on gameday, but eff man, I can only take so much Bengal disappointment in one lifetime.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 teams started 0-2 the last 2 seasons and still made the playoffs - Mickeypoo - 09-20-2022, 08:27 AM