Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This why Mixon doesnt play on 3rd downs...
(09-20-2022, 01:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Managed to block Jonah.

I continue to reiterate my many year line of "don't pay RBs unless they're Barry Sanders". Also that Mixon is vastly overrated.

Yea, I agree. Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, Javonte Williams, Nick Chubb, D'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, AJ Dillon and Antonio Gibson were drafted on day 2 in the drafts from 2017 to 2021, and Breece Hall, Kenneth Walker III, and James Cook went in the 2nd round this past year, with only a hand full of busts in between them, many of them being in the first round (due to higher expectations in some cases, like Josh Jacobs).

I'd personally rather spend a 2nd round pick every 3 to 4 years on a RB than give up 12M in cap space for 4 years to keep a non-complete player like Mixon.

(09-20-2022, 01:40 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Probably. Hopefully that's what it is, he's proven he comes back from similar situations (the Bears comes to mind even though it was a loss). I don't think anything gets in his head and stays there. It's probably a combination of the interceptions and the OL protection. 

I think he'll bounce back. He always does. I think the surgery is also affecting him. He doesn't have quite the zip on the ball that he had last year. His arm looks more like what it did in his rookie year. He will gain his strength back as the season goes on and we'll start seeing him squeeze balls into tight windows more often soon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This why Mixon doesnt play on 3rd downs... - CJD - 09-20-2022, 01:49 PM