Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover 2/Tampa 2 and how to beat it
(09-20-2022, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sounded like from what Taylor was saying was that they didn't expect the Cowboys to play Tampa 2 and they scripted plays for the first half that Tampa 2 worked well against.

I would hope/think adjustments can be made much quicker than waiting until halftime, but maybe not?

Mentioned this in another thread. Game plans for a week may only include another 15 plays or so beyond the first 20-25 scripted plays. They usually plan to come back to some of the scripted plays that worked or swap some of those 15 in. When a game plan is absolutley shot you can sometimes go to other gameplans you have installed in the past but I do wonder how much they could do that with all the new O line faces along with Hurst. 

This is a case where the game plans each week are going to have to include a special cover 2 package of 5-7 plays no matter what teams show on their tape. It is odd for teams to go SO far out of tendency but I guess that should be taken as a compliment. I would have liked to have seen some bunch formations though as this defense was a bit new to the Dallas guys and there are so many checks to a bunch that odds of creating a blown assignment go way up. If we didn't have any we didn't have any but there are certain formations like bunch I'd like to see more often used.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cover 2/Tampa 2 and how to beat it - Au165 - 09-20-2022, 02:39 PM