Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Oline worries are overrated - play design has been terrible.
(09-20-2022, 06:02 PM)TheFan Wrote: For sure - I don't understand what coaching the line is getting for why they keep dropping 5 yards back even if there's no one they're blocking. Regardless though I don't get how this would be a good stat for Burrow because either way he's worst in the league at avoiding the sack when pressured. 

There is still more to it haha. Stat aside, the way the rushers are getting turned loose is killing him too. When Collins was getting spun he was releasing Parsons to the inside but when he ran back in to block again he cuts off Burrows escape lane essentially creating the sack himself twice. There are a lot of those issues where the line when they miss are making it harder to escape as well.

…but again Burrow does have a role in this. Just pointing in there is a lot of weird stuff happening here. I put in another thread the whole operation across the protection scheme from communication, to blocking, to QB getting it out is broken right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oline worries are overrated - play design has been terrible. - Au165 - 09-20-2022, 06:14 PM