Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the running game (or lack thereof) not a hot topic?
(09-20-2022, 02:19 PM)higgy100 Wrote: If you read thru the box scores of damn near most games you'll see a great majority of teams that use multiple backs. Guys that give starters a blow or backs that have a better/different/more varied skill set. Change of pace where the D simply can't continually focus on the same tendencies.

Out of everything I've seen I'm more shocked that Evans has not been playing.

This is a question I was wondering after the last game. I'm a Mixon fan but Perine has shown big play potential as well as Evans. I just don't understand it. I mean Perine had the bad plays in the superbowl but he's flashed enough to deserve time in the game and will only help Mixon getting rest. I also saw a breakdown of Evans in the preseason where it looked like his decision on his cuts caused some of the holding penalties. But regardless of that he flashed enough last season to warrant touches. Evans was shifty receiving last year with a nose for the 1st down marker. Which a couple 1st downs a game might make a world of difference for this offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is the running game (or lack thereof) not a hot topic? - NUGDUKWE - 09-20-2022, 06:58 PM