Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Theory as to our Offensive Ineptitude
(09-20-2022, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What exactly does "unacceptable" mean? 

Should we:

Fire the coaches

Replace the players

Fold the franchise

Send strongly worded emails to the news media

Become Colts fans

Flood a message board with negative threads

What should we do "The Fan"?

Do you think how our offense has been playing this year is acceptable? Are you happy with our offense averaging  4.5 points in the first half this year? Are you happy with Burrow having 1 touchdown throw in his NFL career on our scripted drives? Are you happy with Burrow getting sacked 70+ times last year and already 13 times this year? If the answer is no then it's not acceptable. 

I don't get paid millions of dollars to magically have the answers but the people who are being paid millions clearly don't have the answers either. I have no ability to change how anything is being done but that doesn't mean it's acceptable and something shouldn't change, even if it's philosophy, coaches roles, or God forbid a firing. Not necessarily right now but if the Oline continues to be the dumpster it has for years I think Pollack should be on the hot seat. Taylor should consider looking at whether he's a good playcaller (he's not) but that won't change. 

It was talked about here as well as by media all throughout the off-season how we're going to be seeing a lot of cover 2 type defenses this year until we learn how to beat it. What have we seen the first 2 games and what did we see in the playoffs? Cover 2 type defenses. Our coaches couldn't figure out how to reliably beat it last year and even with months to prepare somehow got even worse at it this year. There has been basically nothing inventive to help the offense out. And then to say they were surprised how much cover 2 is being played is baffling. 

Did you have an actual point to your post or just being snakry? Do you think they deserve praise for how the offense is being ran? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Theory as to our Offensive Ineptitude - TheFan - 09-20-2022, 10:22 PM