Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Browns easy beating of Steelers scare me.
(09-23-2022, 09:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, I know the Steelers did not have Watt playing against the Browns as he was trouble against us. But the Browns easily defeated the Steelers and we had trouble against them at home. I originally thought it would be a two-team fight between us and the Ravens, now it looks like maybe a 4 team race unless a team runs away with it. With Pitt going 1-2 and us 0-2, I don't think either of us will run away with it.  I do see the Browns beating Atlanta and going 3-1, I do also see the Ravens beating the Pats and go 2-1. They play the Bills in Baltimore week 4 so that game is a toss up, but if they also win week 4 and go 3-1, while we play Miami week 4 on a short week could spell a disaster if we lose whether we beat the Jets or not week 3.   Nervous

It is hard to say who the biggest threat is right now, the Browns or Ravens.  It isn't pitt.  

The Browns strength is their running game.  The Bengals defense is stout against the run.  Baker had a field day against the Bengals set to defend the run, but I don't see Brisett doing that.  This is going to sound tin foil hat-ish, but I don't believe the league will let the Browns win this year.  It is just such a bad look.  I know, I know...the games aren't fixed.  But I will say that an officiating crew can LEAN in one direction and it is often called "a game of inches".  

The Ravens can't run the ball right now.  That is supposed to be their strength.  Maybe Dobbins return could help, but it is all Lamar right now and the chances of that lasting all season (we saw what Lou did to him last year) are pretty thin.

The most frustrating thing about right now is the Bengals could have looked terrible and they still could be 2-0.  That's the past, though.  I think Joe and boys get on track and beat the Jets and Fins and go 2-2 at the quarter pole.  Yes, I know it is a 17 game season and that analogy shouldn't be utilized any longer.  Tough.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns easy beating of Steelers scare me. - SHRacerX - 09-24-2022, 09:30 AM