Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why Has the Bengals Offense Collapsed?
(09-25-2022, 11:37 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So, basically, defenses see us come out with Burrow under center and they switch to single high because they know Burrow isn't comfortable dropping back from under center (for whatever reason) and when we come out in shotgun with the WRs spread out they go to cover 2 because they know we won't run the ball out of that configuration.

The good news is that's insanely easy to fix. Just run out of shotgun and pass out of under center.

The bad news is I fear Zac, and to an extent Burrow, are not willing to leave their comfort zone of spread passing and under center/ condensed running.

Your thoughts make sense and sure as hell look like what we are seeing on the field. Last 3 games and 3 losses it's obvious defenses have figured us out by formation. I would think that Zac, Joe and Brian and anybody else in on offense should see changes are needed like NOW. I hope they don't think a bigger hammer is the fix for the round peg square hole thing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Has the Bengals Offense Collapsed? - RegularGuy22 - 09-25-2022, 12:04 PM