Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible?
(09-26-2022, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jonah has looked really bad at times, and as an offensive lineman, if you are solid the entire game but have three plays where you get your QB killed, you aren't good.  The inconsistency is maddening.  

I also put more on the coaches for the pathetic running scheme during most of the games.  At the end, when they said "we are going to run it", they were smashing the Jets' line and Perine was getting 5 YPC.  Sure, the Jets were worn out, but I sure liked what I saw there.  

I think to play to the team's strengths, and help protect Joe (Job 1!), they should open with a bunch of designed rubs, screens, and slants to negate the pass rush of an energized team at the start of a game.  Then, gradually open it up downfield when the safeties start to cheat up to stop the short stuff.  Lastly, when you have kept the other team's defense on the field for most of the game, try to salt it away with the run game.  

They literally give up a down every time they run the ball in the early to middle part of a game.  Why waste the down?  Just design quicker, shorter routes where you scheme guys open.  The Bills hardly ever run the ball.  I don't see anyone killing them for it. Sure, if it is 3rd and 1 or something like that, bring in the extra tackle and try to pound the ball for the first down.  

Exactly, that's one problem that's been left out of this thread. The opposing defense the 1st two games was given a leg up because they knew what was coming way more than they should.

Mixon has just been hot garbage and that has killed us and made the Oline look worse than they are. Joe Burrow started out with a hell of a funk and couldn't get back in the saddle making the Oline look worse than they are.

Communication issues on Oline have made them look worse than they are. 

I believe it will start getting better from here on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is there a narrative that the OLine is horrible? - bengalfan74 - 09-26-2022, 08:13 AM