Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New week, another Zac apology for bad play call
(09-26-2022, 04:44 PM)pally Wrote: This is why working as a coordinator helps the career trajectory in the long run

This was actually a really interesting play because what it said to me was "Joe Burrow and/or Zac Taylor is not comfortable running QB sneaks, so we won't ever do it."

The reason I thought this was because look at this formation:

[Image: L17aYSI.png]

Their edges are split out way wide, The LDE is lined up over the tight end, their linebackers are 5 yards back, their safety is shading the right side at the line of scrimmage and the cornerback is currently moving across the formation to the short side to follow Chase.

They literally could have 4 on 2 blocked the two DTs and had Joe jog to the first down.

So, in my mind, if they couldn't see that easy conversion, it must be one of these things that they just don't want Joe to shove his head into the pile under any circumstance.

But then...they do a QB sneak on 3rd down later in the game. So, obviously, they have no problem doing it. It's crazy that they didn't check into it here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New week, another Zac apology for bad play call - CJD - 09-26-2022, 06:06 PM