Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New week, another Zac apology for bad play call
(09-26-2022, 06:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This was actually a really interesting play because what it said to me was "Joe Burrow and/or Zac Taylor is not comfortable running QB sneaks, so we won't ever do it."

The reason I thought this was because look at this formation:

[Image: L17aYSI.png]

Their edges are split out way wide, The LDE is lined up over the tight end, their linebackers are 5 yards back, their safety is shading the right side at the line of scrimmage and the cornerback is currently moving across the formation to the short side to follow Chase.

They literally could have 4 on 2 blocked the two DTs and had Joe jog to the first down.

So, in my mind, if they couldn't see that easy conversion, it must be one of these things that they just don't want Joe to shove his head into the pile under any circumstance.

But then...they do a QB sneak on 3rd down later in the game. So, obviously, they have no problem doing it. It's crazy that they didn't check into it here.

Agree completely, when Joe walked to the LS and there were only two in the middle immediately thought he would see this and do a quick snap and get an easy 1st down. 

Then like you I thought maybe it was to protect Joe until they did the QB sneak later and I was like WTF. 

With that being said I still would have taken the FG without even thinking twice, being up by 3 scores in the second half is nothing to gamble away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New week, another Zac apology for bad play call - Go Cards - 09-26-2022, 07:52 PM