Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New week, another Zac apology for bad play call
(09-26-2022, 09:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: The play ran right and yes it was a bad call BUT Chase also screwed up as he ran right past a hole opened between Cappa and Karras where had he cut upfield he gets the first down easy.

Not to be a know it all. But I recorded the game and I didn't think there was a hole. So I went back and watched it. Collins was the only lineman to come out to block and by the time he hits the pile Chase passes him. There was a large opening behind Collins but Chase would've had to cut back to it and Mosley and whatever safety were there completely unblocked so I don't think chase is making that work. The only way that play works I think is if Collins goes up field and takes on Mosley but who knows if chase would follow him. Whoever pointed out that it was the short field is right because there was no time for chase to use his speed. I really don't hate the 4th and 1 go for it but just give Burrow a few play options so he can read presnap.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New week, another Zac apology for bad play call - NUGDUKWE - 09-26-2022, 09:42 PM