Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Death Comparisons by Country
(12-08-2015, 08:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It wasn't intended to compare like countries, so that complaint is irrelevant. It didn't differentiate between developed and developing. I made that comment. You are essentially saying we are different and so therefore we should not compare with anyone else.

As for the war on drugs, the deaths from cartels and things of that nature are criminal. Organized crime and is not the military. If you note, though, those numbers are what drives the numbers in central and South America. Removing them would make us look even worse.

Civil wars are not criminal acts (most times it's not the military either)? Or are we just going to gloss over that?

I'm very well aware that the numbers in the America's would change. And yes, we are different compared to most of those other countries. We don't have the same ethnic make up, nor do we have the same laws in regard to guns. If you want to compare us to someone, compare us to countries that have similar gun laws.

Not only that, but it fails to make sure they are comparable in population as well. It's much easier to control a smaller group than it is a larger one like ours. So my suggestion there is to use our states to compare. Once you take out Maryland, Tennessee and a 2-3 other states, you will find that our ratios are better than most of those European countries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gun Death Comparisons by Country - Mike M (the other one) - 12-08-2015, 09:47 PM